Here are 10 tips for what to include on your business cards
NEVER forget to carry around your professional business card!
They are a portable billboard to give a great and lasting impression of what it is you do.
They should be just as important as carrying money!
1.Use a forwarding number: If you move unexpectedly house/premises or you lose your mobile, consider an virtual local (it can be for any UK area), 0800 or 0845 number (talk to us about how you can get one of these numbers). This can also be useful if you change staff. You can simply forward the call to any number of your choice instantly. When calling a virtual number, it can also be set up where the caller hears different options depending on what they require. Leaving a message can be emailed to any given address. For more information about this, contact us for details by clicking here.
2. Don’t use stock designs – Your business card should be unique! Stand out from the crowd.
3. Use both sides of the card to make the most of your audience (same goes for all your other printed items where you can). A QR code can compliment a card, giving them an easy way to access your website or follow up page.
For more details regarding our own graphic design services for your business card print run, click here.
4. Leave a blank area on the back so the person can make notes. For example: they could write where you met, or an important bit of information for them to remember. TIP: An uncoated card or Matt / Silk is a good option for writing on (glossy cards are not good for writing on).
5. Keep your card simple. Too much information may confuse the reader. TIP: Think about what you could put that would encourage a phone call / question. For example, instead of listing all what you can do, try a catch all statement such as ‘for all your printing needs.’ This may encourage them to call and ask ‘do you do….’ Which even if you don’t, it could still lead to more opportunities.
It’s important to include bleed in your professional business card design. Click here to find out more about bleed.
6. A face to remember. How many people do you meet at an event and you get home forgetting who was from which company? – Include a good photograph on your card.
7. Take time with the design (We can help you with this) – Spend money on it – make it stand out from other cards, rather than just one that will blend in.
8. Never use Comic Sans font – keep to only a few fonts at most.
9. Have more than one type of card to cater for different situations. For example, a photo card is good for networking specifically. A second card could be for appointments or a specialist service you have to offer.
10. Make your card work for you. Produce it with a call to action, such as a discount off goods or services. Or, offer an incentive for referrals that turn into invoiced business.
Why use us for your professional business card printing?
A client of ours who runs an accountancy firm said this:
“We have used Nigel and Afford a Print personally on a couple of occasions now, and every time have had outstanding service and products. I’m passing this testimonial on from my son really as he has recently used Nigel’s services.
He ordered some business cards from Nigel and was given some excellent advice on these. when he finally got the artwork sent off, the business cards were printed and delivered within 48 hours – amazing! My Son is very pleased with the business cards – they look and feel perfect – so professional. I happily recommend Nigel and Afford a Print when ever and wherever I come across someone in need of a printer. thank you Nigel!”
A client who runs a PR business said this:
“I highly recommend Nigel Williams of Afford A Print. Over the past two years, Nigel has printed business cards and brochures and produced roller banners for Amplify PR or its clients. His knowledge of printing is excellent, Nigel is able to advise so you get the best possible finish for your needs. The quotations are competitive and fast, but what is impressive is the turnaround on the jobs. From ordering to printing, they are ready the next day or within 2-3 days depending on what the print job is. There is also free delivery to anywhere in the UK.
Nigel is very reliable, I had marketing collateral for a major national expo delivered directly to the exhibition centre in Warwick for a client. The delivery arrived on time and the client was very happy. His customer service is excellent, there was once a small hiccup on a print job but Nigel resolved it quickly at no additional cost, getting it promptly re-printed and delivered to us. I can’t recommend Nigel enough – he’s very knowledgeable and professional, with great customer care.”
You can read more reviews from many satisfied customers by clicking here.
Talk to us today with any questions you might have: email@example.com